I just finished switching my development environment from PC to a new
Intel Mac.  I also had the issue with the debug player not playing,
and I also didn't find any separate download for the Intel debug
player on Adobe's site...so I followed their alternative suggestion
and re-installed Flex Builder (beta).  The Flex Builder installer runs
a Flash Debug player installation at the end of the flex install, and
that worked.  They really ought to release a stand-alone installer for
Intel Macs, though.  I followed the link from the error thrown in the
Power-PC installer but it lead to the non-debugger (release) version
of the flash player for intel mac.

Also, another note, I noticed this time during the flex builder
install that it failed when trying to write a file to my home
directory.  I suspect this might be a similar problem to the Photoshop
CS3 Beta install issue - my home directory is encrypted using
FileVault, and the CS3 beta install workaround was to disable FileVault...

Two things I noticed immediately when starting development in the new
Mac environment:

a) I can't seem to break my panels across multiple displays, as I
could in the Windows PC environment.  Anyone know how to do this on Mac?

b) The Mac version seems smarter! It picked up an error in my project
that wasn't getting picked up in the PC environment (missing import
statement).  I suspect the reason is that the project is huge...maybe
it's a memory or buffer issue or something (my PC is quite old while
the Mac is really souped up).

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "aspentreemedia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I gave it another try on the download page but I get the error that
> I'm trying to install the PPC version and not the universal binary for
> Intel Macs. I guess I'll try and download Flex Builder and see if I
> can get the new version that way.
>
> Mike
> Mike Weiland
> Aspen Tree Media