Hello, I'm very new to Flex so please excuse my "newbie" question if it
seems a bit dumb...but here is my situation:  I have a Flex
application - let's call the main application file 'Main.mxml' - I have
a component file - let's call it 'MyComp.mxml'.  Within
the 'MyComp.mxml' file I have an <mx:CheckBox id="chkBox1"> object.  I
am calling the MyComp component from the Main.mxml file.  The user can
check or uncheck this checkbox and then click on a 'Submit' button that
is defined in the Main.mxml file, which will then fire off the
processing logic.  All I want to do in the processing logic is to be
able to examine whether the user has checked the chkBox1 checkbox or
not, so that I can pass that value from the Main.mxml file to a web
service.  But when I try to do a simple binding {chkBox1.selected} from
within the Main.mxml file, the error I get is '1120: Access of
undefined property chkBox1.'  Can anyone help?