You can get a list of EFNet servers (and find the nearest one to you) at http://
www.efnet.org/?module=servers

For those unfamiliar with IRC, there are numerous clients available for Windows
(mIRC is
the most popular). For MacOS X there are a few: Adium (also includes MSN, ICQ,
AIM,
Yahoo, etc), Colloquy, IrcII (terminal based). Should be fairly
straight-forward once you get
the clients and pick a server, just join the #flex channel.

I've been lurking on there, and there are many others who frequent the channel.
Great
place to ask a quick question or to offer help to others.

Cheers,

Brian