I have managed to get this to work, I had to reformat my xml data file. Now
that I have
that working, how would I capture the users selection to populate the second
and and
then the third combobox.

Thank you for the previous post and direction.

Regards,

<!---end of code-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; layout="absolute"
xmlns:adobe="http://www.adobe.com/2006/fc";
        initialize="e4xService.send()">

<mx:HTTPService id="e4xService"
                url="data/data.xml"
                result="resultHandler(event)"
                resultFormat="e4x"/>

                <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import mx.events.ListEvent;
                        import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

                        [Bindable]
                        private var xmlData:XMLList;
                        [Bindable]
                        private var selectedXML:XML;

                        private function resultHandler(event:ResultEvent):void
                        {
                                var result:XML = event.result as XML;
                                xmlData = result..location as XMLList;
                        }

                        private function listChangeHandler(event:Event):void
                        {
                        }

                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:MenuBar x="10" y="10" width="780" height="72" cornerRadius="5"></
mx:MenuBar>
        <mx:HDividedBox x="10" y="90" width="780" height="352">
                <mx:Panel width="386" height="352" layout="absolute"
title="myQuest"
fontFamily="Verdana">

                <mx:ComboBox id="mybox1"
                        dataProvider="{xmlData}"