________________________________

        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Schmitty
        Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 11:50 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] How do you load library symbols without
embedding via SWFLoader?

        Hi all, trying to load some assets from a Flash AS3Preview
project but
        I can't figure out how to specify the symbol when loading
dynamically

        Here's the flex example

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml
<http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml> ">
        <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
        [Bindable]
        [Embed(source="/ball.swf", symbol="ball_mc")]
        public var swf:Class;

        public function debug():void {
        trace("set break point here and inspect swfLoader.content vs
        swfLoaderEmbed");
        swfLoaderEmbed.content["label_txt"].text="Hello World!";
        }
        ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:SWFLoader id="swfLoader" source="ball.swf"/>
        <mx:SWFLoader id="swfLoaderEmbed" source="{swf}"/>

        <mx:Button label="click" click="debug()"/>

        </mx:Application>

        Ball.swf is a simple ball contained in ball_mc in the library,
and it
        has a text field in that object of the name label_txt

        How do I work in the symbol=xxx aspect of the embed into the
SWFLoader
        that is loading dynamically? This library could potentially be
very
        large and I'd rather not embed the whole thing up front