Tracy:

I think that your comments here address the question I was trying to
ask in my post. This would seem to explain why the set data() function
is called on resize: When the item renderer's contents are resized,
the DataGrid needs to re-draw itself (just as it does on scrolling);
your comments below seem to explain why the DataGrid calls set data()
when it redraws itself.

Thanks!!!

-Jim