Hi Thijs,

while nc = new NetConnection() is defined in my main application, right
now, I actually connect to FMS inside the command layer, ie.  in
LoginCommand.
Here, inside execute() I register listeners to ie.
LoginCommand.onAccept(...).

So: the business / service layer is not used at all at the
moment...thus, I feel like not following Cairngorm best practice.
Also I guess using SharedObjects lateron would really benefit from the
frameworks workflow.

Here´s another thread on the issue:
commented on. No answer yet, though.

regards
carsten

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Thijs Triemstra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Where do you create the NetConnection? I want to use Cairngorm for a
> Red5 test app [1] and was thinking of adding NetConnection support to
> the ServiceLocator. Cairngorm's ServiceLocator supports http,
> remoteobject, webservice and fds but i don't see FMS/netconnection
> support..  Maybe NetStream can also be in ServiceLocator and the
> result from netconnection calls could then be handled by a command's
> result handler.. I don't know yet how to catch the status events
> though..
>
> this.service = ServiceLocator.getInstance().getNetConnection( "red5"
);
> this.service = ServiceLocator.getInstance().getNetStream( "my_ns" );
>
> Thijs
>
> [1] http://www.red5.nl/tools/publisher
>
> Op 31-dec-2006, om 18:10 heeft carkraus het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I´m looking for a good way to use NetStatus events &
SharedObjects