It will also allow for local caching which might help with performance
increases as well as file I/O (which I believe you already have with zinc?).

I've written a fair bit about Apollo on my blog (some factual, some opinoin)
and there's the mxna smart category. Mike
Chambers<http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mesh>and
Ryan <http://blogs.zdnet.com/Stewart/> Stewart
<http://blog.digitalbackcountry.com/>also write quite frequently about it
and there is a podcast interview at talkcrunch with Kevin
Lynch<http://www.talkcrunch.com/2006/12/16/here-comes-adobe-apollo/>as
well as an overview
on techcrunch <http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/12/16/preparing-for-apollo/>that
has had a fair amount of attention.

Hope that helps :)

Dan

On 07/01/07, Weyert de Boer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  http://weblogs.macromedia.com/mesh/archives/2006/11/update_on_apoll.html

Looks like it will support access to the file system, and support to the
'windowing api' so I think you can do some nice things with it.

--
http://danny-t.co.uk