From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Shailesh Mangal
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 5:02 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex and Maven2 managed project

I dont have huge exp with Maven either. I just liked some of the
features that it brings to the table e.g. Modular, inheritance, more
then build (report, testing etc) out of the box (of course u can build
all these in ant as well). Specially when I would need multiple
projects for client (Flex modules, action script libraries), server
(FDS, XFire, Hibernate etc)

would like know what people are using in mulitple project env.

-sxm

, "Nick Sophinos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I despise Maven.
>
> I know that this is a bit provocative, but my experience with those
who
> utterly abuse it to the point where the project is *anything but
manageble*
> has led me to this conclusion. I am always open to change, though.
>
> Thoughts, anyone?
>

> - Nick
>
> On 1/8/07, Shailesh Mangal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I am planning to use Maven for my new flex project. Wondering if
> > someone can share their experience of using maven folder structure,
> > POM file, todo and not todo items, limitations etc
> >
> > -sxm
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>  <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
Oliver
> > Lietz <flex@> wrote:

> > > I'm not surprised ;). Most people will start with a shiny frontend
> > which sells
> > > the application. Project (build/change/livecycle) management is
not
> > as sexy
> > > as eye candy for most of them.

> > > :), same here

> > > Did that already for my projects without integrating testing.
Works