Hi Dan

Right on the money there  [:-s]  - Who want's to go from guru to noob -
not me.

Well this time the decision is made, I WILL learn OOP with AS3 - am
looking for some Flex2 training courses in Europe, pref. GB so the
training will be in English. Not sure my employer are willing to pay for
a trip to the states right now. Other than that, it's just a matter of
putting the right effort into it, (I hope), lot's of material out there.

Thanks for your help on this topic.

Cheers,
Mark

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, DannyT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> One of my first languages was VB/VBA with which I did windows
applications
> and classic ASP development (some of which I still have to delve into
> thesedays). I first started learning OOP with ActionScript2.0 and .net
at
> the same time. Whilst the learning curve is pretty daunting and
frustrating
> at first (who wants to go from being guru to noob?) it is definitely
well
> worth the effort and will certainly help you develop and enrich your
career
> plus make you more employable.
>
> Another good book for OOP is a new book from the O'Reilly Head First
series
> called Object Oriented Analysis and

Design<http://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Object-Oriented-Analysis-Design/\
dp/0596008678>.