From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of boy_trike
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:38 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] xmlList vs. Array

I am populating combo boxes and other lists with data that is either
hardwired into the
application or retrieved from a database. An Array (or ArrayCollection)
seems to fit the bill in
most cases and is very easy to access / update. What is the advantage of
using an XMLList
assuming that my data is rectangular (no nested children). Is there any
performance or other
advantages to XMLList? I notice that many of the flex examples seem to
use XML and I was
wondering what I am missing?

Bruce