It's your services-config.xml that is off. Try using this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<services-config>
    <services>
        <service id="amfphp-flashremoting-service"
                 class="flex.messaging.services.RemotingService"
                 messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage">
            <destination id="amfphp">
                <channels>
                    <channel ref="my-amfphp"/>
                </channels>
                <properties>
                    <source>*</source>
                </properties>
            </destination>
        </service>
    </services>

    <channels>
        <channel-definition id="my-amfphp"
class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
            <endpoint uri="http://localhost/amfphp/gateway.php";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
        </channel-definition>
    </channels>
</services-config>

Set destination to 'amfphp' and 'endpoint' to your ColdFusion endpoint
in the RemoteObject tag. Then you can change the 'amfphp' names to
'coldFusion' if it bothers you ;)

Patrick