I can't seem to figure out how to make the caret not show up on a
datagrid... this one is driving me a little nuts, because it's the
last issue with my project, why doesn't this work... any help out
there on this one.

Why does making the textbox selectable="false" not handle this one.

Thanks,
Patrick

<mx:DataGrid id="dgNewest" styleName="newestPolls"
dataProvider="{newestAC}" itemClick="itemClickEvent(event);"
width="200" height="145" top="8" left="7"  verticalScrollPolicy="off">
                        <mx:columns>
                                <mx:DataGridColumn   sortable="false"
editable="false"
headerRenderer="{newestHeaderRenderer}">
                                <mx:itemRenderer>
                                <mx:Component>
                                <mx:HBox horizontalScrollPolicy="off">
                                        <mx:Text id="pollNameNewest"
selectable="false" truncateToFit="true" width="190" text="{data.poll}"/>
                                </mx:HBox>
                                </mx:Component>
                                </mx:itemRenderer>
                        </mx:DataGridColumn>