OK.

This works -> <datagrid width="{this.width-20}">
This doesn't -> <datagrid width="{vbox.width}">

I get an error:
Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
        at mx.controls::DataGrid/::calculateColumnSizes()
        at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::updateDisplayList()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/validateDisplayList()
        at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::validateDisplayList()
        at mx.managers::LayoutManager/::doPhasedInstantiation()
        at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher2()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher()

Any ideas??

this.width - 20 is equal to the vbox width.  Just not sure why it
doesn't work.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "michael_ramirez44"