This is how I would do it.  The libraries for converting to png are at
http://code.google.com/p/as3corelib/

Rich

On 1/13/07, Simon Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Hi Grant,

What you can do is use the BitMapData class to capture an image of any
part of a Flex
application and encode into a PNG. Then send that data to your server and
write it to PDF.

Simon

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a requirement right now to generate flex charting components to a
pdf file, it
looks like I'm going to have to use one of the tools that can hit a url
and then write a
image file from the browser and then convert that to a pdf (all server
side) which is a bit of
a pain.

--
Rich Tretola