From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bjorn Schultheiss
Sent: Monday, 15 January 2007 1:32 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] should cairngorm commands call other commands.

Hey Robin,

Check out com.adobe.cairngorm.command.SequenceCommand

The standard way is to define the nextEvent in the command and then call
executeNextCommand.

If you need to define your events in your view i have a utility for it
and i posted the info here http://cairngormdocs.org/blog/?p=27
<http://cairngormdocs.org/blog/?p=27>

Regards,

Bjorn

On 15/01/2007, at 11:05 AM, Robin Burrer wrote:

 Hi all,

I'm working on flex application using the cairngorm framework and I ask
myself if commands should call other commands.

E.g. another event is triggered in the result method of the command.
Note that I actually run in this problem when I try to handle my client
application logic, not for server requests.

I started sending new cairngorm events in the on result method of my
commands but actually I find this approach rather messy.

Should I dispatch all events in my views? That however means that my
views are handling some of my application logic. I think they are not
supposed to do that...

Or should I create a new form commands that only manage other commands?
That would add another level of complexity though ...

Robin