Thanks Matt, that indeed helped quite a bit!  down to 3-4sec now from 20sec.

On 1/17/07, Matt Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Rick, you might be able to still embed fonts without experiencing such a
dramatic performance problem. Try embedding the fonts but disabling
FlashType (it's enabled by default):

@font-face {
src: url("/assets/fonts/ARIAL.TTF");
fontFamily: myArial;