Is there a standard way to setup an exit handler for Flex applications?
In the project I am working on, we login to a remote webservice at
startup. I would also like to gracefully logout when the user is
"done" with application.

The application has a "logout" action which the user can use but I am
guessing most of the time the user is either a) going to just close
the browser tab/window or b) navigate out by going to homepage or some
other URL. I am trying to find a way to register an exit handler that
will be called in these cases.

One option is to use the FABridge mechanism and invoke a function on
"onbeforeunload" at the Javascript level. But I could not get it to
work for the case where user just closes tab or browser window.

Any ideas/suggestions/pointers on this will be greatly appreciated.

--ajit