It seems that if an image is loaded into an Image tag at runtime, the
size is w=0 h=0, ex.

    private var imgsrc:String;
    public function loadImage(val:String):void{
                imgsrc = "assets/images/"+val;
            }
    private function imgLoaded(e:Event):void{
                trace("tw "+this.width);
                trace("iw "+bImage.width);
                trace(e.target.width);
<mx:Image id="bImage" source="{imgsrc}" complete="imgLoaded(event)"
horizontalCenter="0" verticalCenter="0"/>

if I call the loadImage function with a image url string,
even after the image loads into the Image tag, it returns 0 for the
width and height of the Image tag.

I tried using a callLater function in the loadImage function, but it
gave the same results.

Is there a way to get the width and height of an Image tag if it loads
in an image at runtime?

Thanks
Russ