Hi,

PopUpManager.

See the thread "Hover Menu".

Peace, Mike

On 1/19/07, Matt Maher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Someone please fast-track me...

I have a complex and very component-ized interface. I'd love to create
some elements that know how to "float" around the screen... For
example how a combobox works. It takes up x and y space, but when
activated the resulting "drop box" flies over everything.

How do I get reference to the "application" space to draw a new
element in absolute space? Or is that the wrong idea in the first place.

If I'm deeply nested in h and vboxes and want to fly something around,
how do I do that?

Any clues would be welcome. I'm sure just getting the first idea of
how this works will be enough.

Thanks

--
Teoti Graphix
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Blog - Flex2Components
http://www.flex2components.com

You can find more by solving the problem then by 'asking the question'.