I've got a Flex 2 / FDS project that I'm trying to stage to an
interim deployment environment.

On the developer side, I've set up the FDS access as a 'compile
locally'.   I can keep my AS/MXML files separate from the server-
side FDS app, which I like for general organization purposes.

This therefore only  deploys the compiled SWF files to the "server-
side".  For at least interim deployment (ie to an independent
server, not developers desktop, but no full client access either), I
want to also have the AS/MXML deployed... and be able to run from
browser either by referencing the html wrapper around the SWF... or
an mxml application.

I've tried just copying the AS/MXML files to the server side (under
webapps/{flexds}/{appname}  (where {flexds} is the Flex DS webapp,
and {appname} is project subdirectly that already gets the SWF/HTML
files.

When I try to call up an mxml, "{host}/{flexds}/{appname}/
{mainapp}.mxml... I get the subjet line configurationexception.

It appears to be trying to compile the .mxml file, so its finding it
and its engaging the server side flex compiler... but beyond that I
have not idea whats wrong.

Anyone else had this problem and solved it?
thanx much