I'm not very well-versed in the details of various open-source licenses.
I'm looking at a Java package that is licensed under the MPL 1.1
license. The actual licensing details say MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1. I'm
interested in making a complete AS 3 port of the package.

So.... what's the deal? I know someone's going to come back and tell me
to read the licenses myself :) I'm trying, but this isn't the easiest
stuff to get your head around. I'm especially wondering about what the
rules are for porting code to a different language. Java to AS isn't as
dramatic as some other languages to AS, but does require some
substantial re-work of the code. Does this have any effect that's
different than if it was just modification of the code?

So, if the original Java license is MPL, do I have to make the source
code available? Can I use the ported AS code in a commercial
application? Can I sell the ported AS package? I take it that GPL'ed
code would mean the GPL license would apply to any ports to other
languages, but for MPL? I'm not saying I want to go against the whole
open-source thing, just wondering what the rules are....