You want to look at "dataTip" instead of "toolTip".

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve House
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 3:09 PM
To: FlexCoders
Subject: [flexcoders] DataGrid Tooltips

With Flex 2, when the user mouses over a row in a datagrid, I would
like to show details of that particular row's object in the tooltip.
The datagrid dataProvider is an ArrayCollection of objects with many
properties. Only a few of the properties are shown in the DataGrid.

I am currently using this to get a custom tool tip...

(mx:script section)
private function createCustomTip(title:String, body:String,
event:ToolTipEvent):void {
var rtt:RequestToolTip = new RequestToolTip();
rtt.title = title
rtt.bodyText = body;
event.toolTip = rtt;
}

<mx:DataGrid id="dgRequestList" dataProvider="{requests}" toolTip=" "
toolTipCreate="createCustomTip('DELETE','Click this button to delete
the report.', event)">
<mx:columns>
<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Id" dataField="iRequestId"
width="50" /> <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Title"
dataField="sRequestTitle" width="300"/>
</mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

For example, these objects also have sRequestDescription properties
that I would like to show in the tooltip.

Thanks in advance,

Steve House