Sounds to me like there's got to be an attribute that's not closed off
(starts with a quote but doesn't end with a quote). That's what I'd take
that error to mean... double check your code (and you can always try just
copy-n-paste the code from the example and see if it makes a difference).

If you *did* copy-n-paste part of the code from a help doc, you may want to
double-check all of your quotes and make sure they're really quotes (delete
them and re-type them, don't copy-n-paste). That's because I've run into a
few text editors (don't know if Eclipse/Flex Builder is one) where quotes
get copied to the clipboard as richtext and the second quote (or both) will
be "corrected" quotes that turn in toward the phrase being quoted (smart
quotes I think is what Word calls it). Anyway, some text editors don't
convert them back to straight quotes, but rather interprets it as unicode
character, and in a string, don't recognize it as a closing quote.

Just an idea...

Troy.