Hi All,

I am struggling with a webservice call that looks like this:

<mx:WebService
      id="testWS"
      wsdl="http://localhost:8000/TestService?wsdl";
      result="handleResult(event);"
      fault="handleFault(event);"
      load="handleLoad(event);"
      useProxy="false" >

      <mx:operation
          name="testOP_1"
          result="handleResult(event);"
          fault="handleFault(event);" >

        <mx:request">
            <pDate>Mon Jan 29 10:30:59 2007</pDate>
           <pOne>One</pOne>
           <pTwo>Two<pTwo>
        </mx:request>
      </mx:operation>

      <mx:operation
          name="testOP_2"
          result="handleResult(event);"
          fault="handleFault(event);" >

        <mx:request">
        </mx:request>
      </mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>

The opearation testOP_1 expects a UTC date in pDate parameter of the
request.
Now when i call this operation as

testWS.testOP_1.send();

I get a fault in my fault handler

[RPC Fault faultString="Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method
of a null object reference." faultCode="EncodingError"
faultDetail="null"]

I am using a network sniffer to look at the network traffic and when I
make the above call I don't see any network traffic.

On the other hand if I make a call to the second operation testOP_2
which does not have a date involved it works fine and I see proper SOAP
request and responses sent over the network.

Also if I fiddle with request that I am sending the testOP_1 and do not
send the date at all  ....  I  get  and "HTTP request error"  as
expected but there is proper exchange of soap packets that happens.

I don't understand why flex is not sending any soap request when it has
a UTC date in it.

I would be grateful if all you flex experts out there could help.

Thank you,
Mrinal Wadhwa