From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lorenzo
Benvenuti
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:33 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Modules: mxml and as are compiled in different ways?

Hello everybody,

I've just faced an issue and I'd like to know if it's a bug or a known
"feature".
I've got to develop a MDI-like application and I'm playing with modules.
So I defined various as (pay attention here, I mean ".as" files) classes
extending the mx.modules.Module class and compiled them as modules. Each of
these classes references some TitleWindow subclasses which I try to open from
the main application. Well, nothing works: I've got different errors (depending
on the window I try to open) about null values in graphical properties. I
changed my modules classes to .mxml classes (I mean ".mxml" files), keeping the
mx.modules.Module as the parent class, and everything seems to work.
Summarizing, I try to compile as modules these files:

- MyModule.as

class MyModule extends Module {
        /* This DOESN'T WORK */
}

- MyModule.mxml

<mx:Module xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
        <!-- WORKS! -->
</mx:Module>

What's this? Can't I extend an mxml class using an as file? I don't think so,
since I've used this technique in other cases and evrything went smooth. I
suppose it is an issue of the file I'm going to compile.
If so, can't I force the compiler to handle an as file like an mxml one?
I need this since I'd like my Module subclass to implement a certain interface.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Benvenuti

Senior Programmer

Tagetik Software
Via Farnesi, 141
55100 Lucca

Tel. (+39)058396811
Fax. (+39)058391199

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.tagetik.com

Questo messaggio puo' contenere informazioni di carattere estremamente
riservato e confidenziale. Qualora non foste i destinatari, vogliate
immediatamente informarci con lo stesso mezzo ed eliminare il messaggio, con
gli eventuali allegati, senza trattenerne copia. Qualsivoglia utilizzo non
autorizzato del contenuto di questo messaggio costituisce violazione
dell'obbligo di non prendere cognizione della corrispondenza tra altri
soggetti, salvo piu' grave illecito, ed espone il responsabile alle relative
conseguense civili e penali.
http://www.tagetik.it/azienda/privacy_form per cancellare o modificare il
profilo. Nel rispetto della vostra privacy –
http://www.tagetik.it/azienda/privacy-policy-1 per visionare la nostra policy.

This message is being sent from Tagetik  and may contain information which is
confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy. Any unauthorized use of the content of
this message is a breach of your duty to respect the confidentiality of the
correspondence between other persons and can expose the responsible party to
civil and/or criminal penalties, and may constitute a more serious offense.
modify your profile. We respect your right to privacy -
http://www.tagetik.com/company/privacy-policy?set_language=en to view our
policy.

WARNING
-------
This electronic message and its attachments may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information, which is solely for the use of
the intended recipient.  No privilege or other rights are waived by any
unintended transmission or unauthorized retransmission of this message.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, or if you have received it in
error, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete it and all
attachments from your system.  The reading, distribution, copying or other use
of this message or its attachments by unintended recipients is unauthorized and
may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender.

AVIS IMPORTANT
--------------
Ce message electronique et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des
renseignements confidentiels, exclusifs ou legalement privilegies destines au
seul usage du destinataire vise.  L’expediteur original ne renonce a aucun
privilege ou a aucun autre droit si le present message a ete transmis
involontairement ou s’il est retransmis sans son autorisation.  Si vous n’etes
pas le destinataire vise du present message ou si vous l’avez recu par erreur,
veuillez cesser immediatement de le lire et le supprimer, ainsi que toutes ses
pieces jointes, de votre systeme.  La lecture, la distribution, la copie ou
tout autre usage du present message ou de ses pieces jointes par des personnes
autres que le destinataire vise ne sont pas autorises et pourraient etre
illegaux.  Si vous avez recu ce courrier electronique par erreur, veuillez en
aviser l’expediteur.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: