Am I missing something simple here or do I really have to write a
separate sortCompareFunction function for every DataGridColumn in my
app that requires case-insensitive sort? I looked at the method in the
docs where you implement a sort in the headerRelease handler, but that
would still require me to store the sort direction for each column
externally to mimmick the default behavior.

Unless I am missing something completely (which is totally possible),
I think this is another topic that falls into the "it really shouldn't
be this hard" category. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben