That worked perfectly once I figured out to set the dataFormat to
URLLoaderDataFormat.BINARY. Thanks a bunch Doug!

-Andy

On 1/28/07, dougmccune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Use a URLLoader, which gives you the ByteArray as the data property
after it has been loaded.

Doug

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Andrew
D. Goodfellow"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I feel like I must be missing something. I have a Loader object that
I am
> ByteArray. It depends on if I am getting the data from an upload or
from the
> database.
>
> How do I go about getting a ByteArray back out of the Loader object?
I have