I have modified the dataprovider to that of an Object.  I have
coldfusion returning a struct:

<cfset responses[#variables.loopIndex#] = StructNew()>
<cfset responses[#variables.loopIndex#].question =
#qry_questions.QuestionText#>
<cfset responses[#variables.loopIndex#].answers = StructNew()>

I am still having problems extracting the data from the Object using a
repeater.  The following is only supposed to display the questions,
but doesn't.  What is my problem?

<mx:Repeater id="rp_question" dataProvider="{obj_responses}" >
<mx:VBox width="100%">
<mx:Text id="qtext" width="100%" fontWeight="bold">
<mx:text>{rp_question.currentIndex + 1}.)
{rp_question.currentItem.QUESTION.toString()}</mx:text>
</mx:Text>
</mx:VBox>
</mx:Repeater>