Greetings all,

     We've been encountering dramatic problems trying to make automated
builds work alongside the Flex Builder, largely because of the amount of
infrastructure metadata that Flex Builder hard-codes.  For example, the
target server location cannot, as far as I have been able to tell, be
resolve through a variable that is set differently on each developer's
IDE.  Rather, the project stores something like
c:\Project\Client\MyWarProject\WebContent.  This is fine, unless you
have windows and mac developers, or multiple organizations where they
cannot guarantee the location of the web project.

     Another example is the ability to alter the output filename from
within elcipse for mxml apps.  The main .mxml filenames are used, so if
a corporation has standard project names which contain, for example,
dashes, then they have to use special-cases for thises projects.

     There's some of this sort of tool-robustness issues that I'd like
to get some feedback on - ideas of whether there are plans to include
more relative addressing or indirect addressing capabilities for project
configuration?  Basically there are lots of the capabilities of mxmlc
and compc that are simply not configurable from the flex builder.  Can
someone from Adobe comment, maybe suggest workarounds, or tell me if I
am merely missing something here?

regards,
Christian.
--

*christian** gruber + process coach and architect*

*Israfil Consulting Services Corporation*

*email** [EMAIL PROTECTED] + bus 905.640.1119 + mob 416.998.6023*