I've done this like below.

1. In each Input field, check box, combo etc. I listen to the change
event like this

change="editData(event.target)"

2. I've got a global variable to hold info of all changed items

public var editedObjects:Array = new Array();

3. editData function

public function editData(obj:Object):void{
                //check if event.target was already changed
                var addData:Boolean = true;

                //verify if editedObjects contains items

                if (editedObjects.length>0)
                        {
                        for(var i:int = 0; i< editedObjects.length;
i++) {
                                        //If object is found do not
add it again
                                        if(editedObjects[i]==obj){
                                                addData = false;

                //If object is not found add it to array
                if (addData){
                        editedObjects[editedObjects.length]=obj;
                }

                //change parameters of selected object to show to
user which fields has been changed
                obj.setStyle('backgroundColor', 0xFFCCCC);
                obj.setStyle('borderColor', 0xFF99CC);
                obj.setStyle('borderThickness',2);
                obj.setStyle('color',0x993300);
                obj.setStyle('fontWeight','bold');
}

4. If editedObjects.length>0 then there are changes.

editedObjects contains an array with references to all changed items.
You may loop the array and do what ever you wish with the changed
items.

Hope this helps.

-jari

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "dean_w_schulze"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In Flex is there a way to determine if a user has made any input to
any
> control on a page without having to check each individual control?
My