Hi Mike,

          The SWFLoader can help to load images or SWF into your Flex
apps. SWFLoader.content is a reference to whatever you have loaded in
the SWFLoader, so the methods and properties that you can use depend of
what it is avaible in the SWF or image that you are loading. On the
other hand, the SWFLoader as Flex control has fixed propierties and
methods. I agree with you, some of the properties are the same, and you
can get the same effect.

     I guess sometimes it is a matter of preference how you want to
handle it. For consistency, I would use the SWFLoader properties.