Hi Rachel,

I can¹t think of a solution without installing something on the end users
computer. If your requirements will allow you such an install then you might
be in luck. A few years ago I was looking this very solution, I ended up
doing my application in Central, but in the process I came up with 2
theories that could work. The first was to build a C# application that runs
as a service with a Flash movie embedded inside of it that communicates back
and forth with the main application via localconnection. The second was to
do the same with Director, a third party Xtra has task bar methods so you
could use that and communicate the back and forth with localconnection.
There¹s also a way to run Director exes as services as well.

The one thing I¹m not sure of as I write this is updates to the Flash
security model. Can a web app talk to a local SWF anymore? Might want to
check into that before you embark on any other endeavors.

As other¹s have pointed out you could wait for apollo, but if your main
requirement is a web app, then apollo won¹t be a good fit for that. But
maybe it can be configured as a service and run it that way so then you
could write the service in apollo and communicate back and forth. That would
be cool!

Good luck,

Mike

Mike Weiland