Hi,

Yes you are losing the ability to clip content using rawChildren.

Cliping occurs with a single content child or contentPane with multiple
content children.

You will need to create a content raw child that will hold your textfields.
Then create a FlexSprite mask and set the mask property of the content pane
that holds your textfields.

Then in layoutChrome() in your component that holds the raw children,
position the mask using view metrics.

There is some stuff I am omitting because if you choose this route, your
textfield layout algorithm is going to have to change to the content pane.
which changes things drastically in your case.

Peace, Mike