that adds a mouseUp listener/handler for the whole app, eh?  How do I know
if this mouseUp is related to the object the user gestured a mouseDown on?
Kind of coupled up too.

What I have is this screen snap
http://www.cubicleman.com/snaps/snap.png
I have mouseDown capture on the bluish color box that allows me to drag it
left/right and to shrink/expand the length of it while holding the mouse
button down on it.  Now, if the user is holding the mouse button down and
accidentally moves the mouse off of the bluish box and then lets the mouse
button go, I want to fire a event then that executes a method inside the
component representing the bluish box.

Starting to think maybe just fire the mouseOut event and ignore this
possible user accident!

DK