try this :

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>

   <mx:Resize id="expand" target="{img}"  heightTo="350"/>
   <mx:Resize id="contract" target="{img}" heightTo="60"/>

   <mx:Panel title="Resize Effect Example" width="534" height="350"
       paddingTop="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10"
paddingBottom="10" id="img">

   </mx:Panel>
   <mx:Button label="Expand" click="expand.end(); expand.play();"/>
   <mx:Button label="Contract" click="contract.end(); contract.play();"/>
</mx:Application>
Regards,
Ps