Hello all,

I am trying to create a blog editor with flex and php. I am just learning about XML-RPC, and want to use this in my flex app. I have set up a XML-RPC server, created my response handling functions, etc. Everything is working fine except that I cannot figure out how to send the RPC method I want to call with a regular MXML httprequest. Here is the example from the documentation,

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- fds\rpc\HttpServiceParamBind.mxml. Compiles -->
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; verticalGap="20">
    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            import mx.utils.ArrayUtil;
        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

    <mx:HTTPService
        id="employeeSrv"
        url="employees.jsp">
        <mx:request>
            <deptId>{dept.selectedItem.data}</deptId>
        </mx:request>
    </mx:HTTPService>
    <mx:ArrayCollection
        id="employeeAC"
        source=
"{ArrayUtil.toArray (employeeSrv.lastResult.employees.employee)}"/>
    <mx:HBox>
        <mx:Label text="Select a department:"/>
        <mx:ComboBox id="dept" width="150">
            <mx:dataProvider>
                <mx:ArrayCollection>
                    <mx:source>
                        <mx:Object label="Engineering" data="ENG"/>
<mx:Object label="Product Management" data="PM"/>
                        <mx:Object label="Marketing" data="MKT"/>
                    </mx:source>
                </mx:ArrayCollection>
            </mx:dataProvider>
        </mx:ComboBox>
<mx:Button label="Get Employee List" click="employeeSrv.send ();"/>
    </mx:HBox>
    <mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{employeeAC}"
        width="100%">
        <mx:columns>
            <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="name" headerText="Name"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="phone" headerText="Phone"/>
            <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="email" headerText="Email"/>
        </mx:columns>
    </mx:DataGrid>
</mx:Application>

I understand how to send value pairs, bind data, send the request, etc. I just cannot figure out how to call the RPC server method that I want to use.

Hope my question is clear, thanks in advance for any help :)
- joshua