OK, this is driving me nuts. I'm using Flex Builder 2.01 on a PC.

I have a very simple component (say test.mxml), code below, where I set a
label value on a button using actionscript.

I can get this to compile very simply and we're all happy.

As soon as I edit the main application(main.mxml) to include this component:

<comp:test>
</comp:test>

main.mxml is happy but now I get a compile error (access of undefined
property) in test.mxml saying that the button id is an undefined property.
When I edit the test.mxml code, flexbuilder will happily give me code hints
about the properties after I've put in the button id.

What's going on? Maybe I just need more coffee?

Paul

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Canvas xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; width="400"
height="300">