Did you ever get a solution to this issue?  I'm having the same issue
and my setup is very similar (Tomcat with FDS, Spring, Hibernate,
etc).  I've found that I can create an object, and it immediately
appears in the list component so the fill method is picking it up
after it is saved on the backend. However, I cannot delete it without
getting the "not managed by this service" error. If I click around and
trigger the fill again, it still gives the error. However, if I close
the client browser, start a new one, and login again, I can then go
and delete that item with no problems.

Any ideas?

Bill
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "fabio_sebastiano"