I think it makes code less readable and

Oh lets all agree to disagree on this one.

Which side do you butter your bread? On the top or bottom, what??? On the
sides!!! ?

I can't stand curly braces on the method line, doesn't allow a space from
the method signature to fully read and seems cramped to me.

But that is my point, you will never get people to agree on spaces, braces
and whatever else developers have a habit doing.

... Just because Java / C++ does it, doesn't mean its right. Things always
evolve.

just kidding, maybe.

Peace, Mike