I think the problem you're experiencing is actually with Flash Player 8 / AS2. The engine was just too slow for large amounts of data in a datagrid. The common workaround was to paginate the data in the grid.

Hopefully you'll be able to implement the workaround as you are envisioning it. Let us know if you do, as I'm sure some of us would be interested.

Shan

newtoflexworld wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on Flex 1.5. I have to display large volume of data in a
datagrid. Scrolling becomes very slow as the amount of data increases.

Is there any way in which I can delay the "onchange" event of the
datagrid ?

Please help!!!

Thanks