So after "some" more testing I figured out this was due to a for loop
to set the selectedIndex on the datagrid. I changed this to a for...in
loop and the issue is no more.

Maybe someone could explain to me why a for loop would affect
display/layout? I am still confused why this would be the issue.

Thanks
TJ