This depends on the type of Flex project you create.  If you create a
Remoting based Flex project, all code necessary to your compiled running
project is copied to bin then mirrored to your app web root.  I use CVS, bin
is excluded automagically.  Thus all source code is stored in CVS/SVN, not
compiled swfs, etc.

This is why when you create a Remoting based Flex project, you store the
project in your Eclipse workspace and the output folder in the Flex Build
Path settings is set to the location of your compiled project under your web
root.  Do not choose to store your project under the webroot.

DK