Ha, now that you mention it, I am getting a warning on one of my repeaters.
It's a binding warning, but not same as yours...

-Scott

On 2/15/07, shelleybrowning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Scott,

I was writting a lenthly response as to different things I've tried
and still getting the warning. I decided to try an example from the
docs by Adobe. I get a 'warning' from their example as well.

It seems that warning is just stating that the data is bound to the
repater and not the object within the repeater.

The following example returns:

warning: unable to bind to property 'name' on class 'Object' (class
is not an IEventDispatcher)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application
xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";

viewSourceURL="src/RepeaterStatic2/index.html"
width="285" height="185"

<!--
This is a static data model but you could just as
easily bind to dynamically loaded data.
-->
<mx:ArrayCollection id="productsAC">

<mx:Object name="Whirlygig" price="5" freeship="false"/>
<mx:Object name="Tilty Thingy" price="15" freeship="true"/>

<mx:Object name="Really Big Blocks" price="25"
freeship="true"/>
</mx:ArrayCollection>

<mx:Panel
title="Repeater: emulating a for..in loop"
paddingBottom="10" paddingLeft="10" paddingRight="10"
paddingTop="10"

<mx:Repeater id="productsRepeater"
dataProvider="{productsAC}">
<mx:RadioButton
id="buttonsArray"
label="{productsRepeater.currentItem.name}"

/>
</mx:Repeater>

</mx:Panel>
</mx:Application>

I'm going to move on for now... thanks for the response!

Shelley

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
slangeberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Throw a cast in each one:
>
> personID="{YourClassThatHasPersonIDAndOtherDesiredProperties(
> employee.currentItem).PersonID}"
>
> It's giving you that warning because 'employee.currentItem' is a
POO (plain
> ol' Object).
>
> I'm doing the same thing on current project, and instead of
setting all
> those properties, my component in the repeater has a VO that it
binds to,
> internally, so I do something like:
>
> <mx:Repeater id="employee" dataProvider="{directReportCollection}">
> <v:employeeElement
> itemVO="{ItemVO(employee.currentIndex)}"
> />
> </mx:Repeater>
>
> As long as directReportCollection is collection of ItemVO's (or
whatever),
> you're golden. Then, your empEl can get all those properties off
ItemVO,

--

: : ) Scott