So once again I trusted the livedocs, which told me:
"You can set the same options in multiple places and the Flex compilers use
the value from the source that has the highest precedence."

Apparently this doesn't work for the command-line application compiler b/c I
have a local configuration file with the following setting:
<verbose-stacktraces>true</verbose-stacktraces>

The flex-config.xml has verbose-stacktraces set to false.  When I try to
compile, I get an error:

'Error: configuration variable 'compiler.verbose-stacktraces' must only be
set once.

What gives?

- Jaime