I think the community will play a large part in this as well as professional
component development companies. I’m sure as time goes on well have a RAD
set of components that you can drop in and run.

I’m working on a bunch of free stuff as well and would love to hear other
ideas for interesting components that make sense to the developer coming
from a VB/.net type background. Unfortunately I have limited time to
dedicate to it as my own work and family life take precedence.

I feel though it may be harder for developers coming from a VB background
that are used to having a plethora of ready available and affordable
components at their disposal; but are not up to speed on the object oriented
development methodologies nor have skill sets required to really rapidly
grasp the whole extend the framework type development.

I know of at least one professional developer about ready to release a very
interesting package for Flex. I’m not sure how the 3rd party eco system for
Flex is shaping up, but I’d have to imagine that things are being worked on.

In any case I think the best thing for Flex at this stage is for component
developers 3rd party and experts to concentrate on the meat and potatoes and
leave the gravy for later.

Flex is still very young, it took VB et all until version 3.0 to really get
a good eco system built up. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Oh and to me, *extensibility* is key for Flex's future.

Jason