From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of beecee1977
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:07 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: How do I prevent the user from selecting text
in a text area component?

Yes, but that doesn't stop the user from selecting the text (dragging
mouse over and highlighting)... Is there an easy way to prevent that?
(Other than disabling the component)

Bill

, "Brian Holmes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> editable="false"
>
> ________________________________
>
> From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>

> How do I prevent the user from selecting text in a text area
component?

> I noticed that it does not have a "selectable" property and does not
> derive from the Text object either.
>

> Robin
>

> ***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely
for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have
received this e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-
mail delete this e-mail and refrain from any disclosure or action
based on the information.