You can do this in AS3:

               var b:Button = new Button();
               b.id = "myid" + 2;
               trace( "b.id: "+b.id );

However, i'm guessing he means in the mxml, which i've experienced myself.
Hence you cannot do:

<Button id="{'myid'+1}" />

-Scott

On 3/1/07, Nick Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  What do you mean by "dynamic id"? I mean, you can pretty easily loop
through a list of items in an XML file and assign one of their values as the
id of the dynamically created object. Heck, I do this all the time with
Actionscript 2 to create menus and such from an XML file.

--

: : ) Scott