        -----Original Message-----
        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jmorpher03
        Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 8:28 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [flexcoders] Re: ctrl key with a combination - doesnt
seem to work

        Hi Adam,

        That was a typo. Here's what I have :

        public function myKeyDown(event:KeyboardEvent):void {

        }

        And I have specified the event listener in the DG as
        <mx:DataGrid ... keyDown="myKeyDown(event)">

        The problem is not with the Event generation. I have put trace
and it
        seems to call the function when the event occurs. The problem is
        detecting the CTRL + <keycombination>.

        The keyCode always returns 17 (for CTRL key) and the ctrlKey is
TRUE.
        What happens to the keyCode of the other key , for Ex: C or c
which
        would be 67 or 99 ???

        Is there any other way of detecting it, which I am not aware or
is
        this a Flex bug ? It does not work as suggestec in the Flex help
docs.

        --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com