Well I  ran into the same issue..

Make sure that mxml which you are launching is in the root folder where all the
other html-templates, project settings folders are there

If the mxml you are launching is inside some src folder which is not same as
the root folder, It wud only result in swf files,

If this too doesn't work, I have a brute force method which may not sound cool
to you.

Create a new project and run the default mxml, It generates the html and other
things in debug..

Copy them and modify them accordingly..! I guess u just need to change the .swf
target in one of the file and then place them where the actual

Launch is excepting it to be.. Now run ! :-)

Hope this really helps

Cheers,
Ravi Gummadi

Partygaming plc